[PyQt] PyQt compile failure

Glenn Tarbox, PhD glenn at tarbox.org
Sun Sep 6 19:29:57 BST 2009

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 12:42 AM, Phil Thompson
<phil at riverbankcomputing.com>wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Sep 2009 19:31:14 -0700, "Glenn Tarbox, PhD" <glenn at tarbox.org>
> wrote:
> > I'm trying to compile the latest snapshot of PyQt and got the compile
> error
> > below.
> >
> > I'm pulling Qt from the git repo, so I tried the 4.6 stable branch as
> well
> > as a previous PyQt snapshot (from 8/21).  4.6 stable is dated 8/30.  I
> > think
> > all combinations were tried but the failure is in the ScopedPointer stuff
> > which is pretty new IIRC.
> >
> > It would be useful to know if PyQt is being tested against the Qt git
> repo
> > and, if so, what checkin.  Qt is a moving target so I realize there's
> > trickiness.  In the past, I've found that in a few days time either Qt or
> > PyQt has found and fixed bugs like this.
>
> PyQt is only ever tested against released versions of Qt.

Makes sense.

I do a fairly substantial amount of automated updating / building / testing
of Qt as it evolves.  PyQt is an integral component of my system and I use
it with the Mayavi2 tool suite integrated in Sage.

I'd be willing to forward any bugs like this if it helps... I could send
them to the main PyQt list although it might be more noise than signal if
I'm the only one working with the bleeding edge Qt repos.

I'll post them if you like, or send them somewhere else if you want a heads
up on issues I find.  Or not... let me know if you'd like these bug reports.

-glenn

--
Glenn H. Tarbox, PhD ||  206-274-6919
http://www.tarbox.org