[PyQt] help

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Wed Sep 2 13:13:27 BST 2009

On 9/2/2009 2:42 AM, M.J. Bell wrote:
> Hi
>
> I wonder whether anyone might be able to help me?
> I have some code that was written on linux using PyQt3, and I am trying
> to get it to run on windows. It produces a simple experiment in which
> participants move a slider in response to sounds they hear. I believe
> that PyQt3 is not available for windows (is that right?) and so I am
> trying to port the code to PyQt4. I have changed the library names to
> reflect the different structure, but now I am getting the following
> message:

Hello,

you should face this process twofold:

1) First, decide whether to port your application from PyQt3 to native
PyQt4, or to use PyQt3Support (http://www.develer.com/oss/PyQt3Support).
In the latter case, you may want to read Qt's Qt3Support porting guide
first. I think the best choice depends on how big your application is.

2) After your application runs under Linux with PyQt4, you can attempt
to run it with PyQt4 under Windows.
--
Giovanni Bajo
Develer S.r.l.