[PyQt] no response for mouse event in PyQt4 4.5.4

Grant Tang grant.tang at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 02:53:39 BST 2009

Hi,
We have an software EMAN2 which choose PyQt4 to implement the GUI interface.
Which works fine until recently I upgrade my PyQt4 to 4.5.4. After the
upgrading, I lose response to all mouse event, including mouse clicking on a
2D/3D image and mouse wheel (I use wheel to zoom in or out of image). I
tried PyQt4 4.5.2, still no response for all mouse event. The mouse works
perfectly fine for PyQt4 4.4.4. I doubt all 4.5 versions will not work.
Could somebody help?

I post some pieces of code for my mouse wheel event, hope it help:
class Main2DWindowEventHandler(BoxEventsHandler):
    def __connect_Signals_to_slots(self):
        QtCore.QObject.connect(self.main_2d_window.emitter(),
QtCore.SIGNAL('mousewheel'), self.mouse_wheel())

class EMImage2DEmitMouseMode(EMImage2DMouseEvents):
    def mouse_wheel(self, event):
        seld.mediator.emit(QtCore.SIGNAL('mousewheel'), event)

#actual slot function
class EMImage2DModule(EMGUIModule):
    def weelEvent(self, event):
        #blah, blah
I tried to print out message in this slot function. It prints out in
PyQt4.4.4 but nothing got printed in PyQt4.5.*.

Since it works fine with PyQt4 4.4.4 and previous versions. I doubt
something new in 4.5.* make it not work.

Thanks for any comments,

Grant