[PyQt] Block for interactions

Mads Ipsen mpi at comxnet.dk
Fri Oct 30 07:52:46 GMT 2009

I have a widget with a start button. When the start button is pressed
the cursor changes to a WaitCursor (hour-glass shaped cursor). In the
same instant, I want all user-interaction with the widget to be blocked.
That is, the widget should change to the same state it has when being
blocked by a modal dialog.

Is this just calling setEnabled(False) or is there some more specific
method? A blocked widget look different from a disabled widget.

Best regards,

Mads

| Mads Ipsen, Scientific developer                            |
| QuantumWise A/S               | phone:         +45-29716388 |
| Nørre Søgade 27A              | www:    www.quantumwise.com |
| DK-1370 Copenhagen K, Denmark | email:  mpi at quantumwise.com |