[PyQt] Next Releases of PyQt and SIP

Melton Low softw.devl at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 20:23:43 BST 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.com
> wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 17:31:40 -0600, Melton Low <softw.devl at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Executing PyQt4's configure.py on Mac OS X 10.4.11 continues to produce
> > errors.
> > This is on a PPC Mac running OS X 10.4.11:
> > Python 2.6.3
> > Qt 4.5.3 carbon version
> > Sip 4.9.1 snapshots 20091015
> > PyQt4 4.6.1 snapshots 20091014
> >
> > Configuration problem sharted with:
> > Qt 4.5.3 carbon version
> > Sip 4.9.1 snapshots 20091002
> > PyQt4 4.6.1 snapshots 20091002
> >
> > Problem disappeared if I completely removed Qt and reinstalled an earlier
> > version of Qt:
> > Qt 4.5.2 carbon version
> > Sip 4.9.1 snapshots 20091001
> > PyQt4 4.6.1 snapshots 20091001
> >
> > I had posted the problem earlier.  If this is being worked on, please
> > ignore
> > this.  In case the new configure verbose output is useful I am including
> it
> > as an attachment since it's quite lengthy.
>
> Have you tried configuring SIP with "--arch ppc"?
>
> Have you installed PyQt before on this system?
>
> Phil

I have had PyQt on this system since of Qt 4.5.1.

I tried --arch=PPC with Sip and --use_arch=PPC with PyQt the day before.  No
difference.

I also tried using the uninstall-qt.py script to remove Qt.  I did find
something different when using the installed uninstall-qt.py script under Qt
4.5.2 vs Qt 4.5.3.  Under Qt 4.5.2, eveything in /Library/Frameworks got
removed.  Under Qt 4.5.3, the /Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework was left
behind.  I don't know if this mean anything.

Mel