[PyQt] Segfaulting in PyQt-4.6

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Sat Oct 17 11:57:15 BST 2009

Am Samstag 17 Oktober 2009 schrieb jonnobleuk at gmail.com:
> I have a bit of a problem. My application worked fine in ver-4.5.* but
> every time I start it in 4.6 the app fails to start and all I see is
>
>     "Segmentation fault (core dumped)"
>
> I've tried to debug the app in Eric IDE but all I get is
>
>     "The program being debugged terminated unexpectedly"
>
> Has anything critical changed between 4.5 and 4.6?

Yes, a lot. Phil is on the way to get rid from QStrings and QVariants while
supporting Py3 properly. You might try current snapshots.

> How do I go about
> debugging my application?

Unfortunately, you did not told us your environment, which is significant
for debugging. It boils down to enabling the debug options in sip and PyQt,
and installing the debug symbol packages for Qt and Python.

Pete