[PyQt] Crash in sip_api_is_py_method() with PyQt 4.6

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at haypocalc.com
Tue Oct 13 20:25:34 BST 2009

Hi,

I'm using Debian Sid, and my program crash since the last upgrade. The last
upgrade installed PyQt 4.6 with SIP 4.9.

The crash is in sip_api_is_py_method(): if cls is not a PyTypeObject*, the
dict value is a pointer to something is the memory, but not to a
PyDictObject*. Attached patch fixes the crash.

But the new PyQt/SIP introduces a regression: I replaced contextMenu and
mousePressEvent for some objects, and it doesn't work anymore. I don't know if
this issue (sip_api_is_py_method() crash) is related.

--
Victor Stinner
http://www.haypocalc.com/