[PyQt] GraphicsItem, QObject Inheritance problem

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 1 19:10:20 BST 2009

I think you and I are very close to a nice work-around. I see you're providing a object as a property, and connecting to that.
What I think should be possible, is to provide a QObject derived class (on the outside), then using __getattr__(self, name), __setattr__(self, name, value), and maybe __call__(self, args) and be able to transparently proxy them to the non-QObject object on the inside.

It isn't true inheritance, but it would get the job done. Is there anything like this already?