[PyQt] Can't connect to mysql on Windows

Mario Daniel Carugno carugnom at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 13:59:21 GMT 2009

Hi there,
I've downloaded the latest pyqt for python 2.5 (PyQt-Py2.5-gpl-4.4.3-1.exe)
The notes says that this binary package has support for MySql:

  "Qt (with database support for MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite3 and ODBC)"

But my program do not connect using QMYSQL or QMYSQL3 drivers (with
QODBC3 runs fine)
Looking at C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4\plugins\sqldrivers
there's no library for mysql
Thats why my program do not connect, i guess.

So, do pyqt4.4.3 have mysql support or not ?
Do i have to compile that driver ?

Thanks