[PyQt] QTreeWidget qnd QPaintEngine error

NARCISO, Rui RUI.NARCISO at airbus.com
Tue Nov 17 13:59:18 GMT 2009

Hi

Having browsed through the PyQt and Qt mailing lists without finding a clear answer I'll ask my question here.

I have a QTreeWidget which is populate with several hundred nodes.

At the press of a button a loop is executed on all of the nodes whereby a child node is createt and a request is put in a queue which is in a separate thread.

This worker thread will do it's work and send a signal per item with a color to assign to each child item.

My problem is that:
 - given the high number of nodes
 - given the "sometimes" quick execution of the work on the worker thread
I have the situation whereby I am trying to set the color of a child node at the same time that I'm adding a new node.

I then get a
	QPaintEngine::setSystemClip: Should not be changed while engine is active
	QWidgetPrivate::beginSharedPainter: Painter is already active
	QPainter::begin: A paint device can only be painted by one painter at a time.

I've tried testing for self.tree.paintingActive() before setting the color of my QTreeWidgetItem but it never returns any value. (self.tree being my QTreeWidget).
I even tried self.paintingActive() (being self my QMainWindow) with the same result.

So my questions are:
 - does anyone know out the top of one's head (wihout looking at the code) where the problem can come from?
 - can anyone see a concept error on mmy approach?

Thanks for the theoretical answer to my conceptual error

Rui

PS: I don't send a code to show the error cause I'd take me forever to try to reproduce this error given the intricated design I have .... sorry!!!

Rui NARCISO
Data for Handling Qualities
Aerodynamics Department - EDGADY  -  M01 N368
AIRBUS Operations S.A.S.

Phone:  +33 (0)5 61 18 10 77
Fax: +33 (0)5 61 93 99 80
<Mailto:rui.narciso at airbus.com>

The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail as it has been sent over public networks. If you have any concerns over the content of this message or its Accuracy or Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately.
All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated virus scanning software but you should take whatever measures you deem to be appropriate to ensure that this message and any attachments are virus free.