[PyQt] restoreState not working for QDockWidgets

Brian Zambrano brianz at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 15:40:34 GMT 2009

Hi guys,

I hear ya...it's something I've found a bit hard with GUI programming.  The
code gets quite large and involved, so boiling it down to a self contained
example demonstrating the issue takes some work.  But, I agree it's worth
doing and the issue very well may be solved during that exercise.  In my
original post I was simply trying to figure out if this was a known issue or
something else completely obvious that I had missed.

I'll see if I can get the issue reproduced in runnable and smaller example.

Also, as I said in the original post, I have made sure to call
self.setObjectName(__a_unique_name__) on all my QDockWidgets.

BZ