[PyQt] Viewing Code in Qt Designer

Robert and Gail Hynes rhynes at owt.com
Sun May 31 06:36:33 BST 2009

I am new to Python coming with limited VB experience (can read code better than write it - engineer not programmer). Just trying to learn something new.

I just installed PyQt4 (Qt Designer) and SIP in MS Vista Home Premium. In Qt Designer, I created a "MainWindow" with no other controls or events. I selected "View Code" from the Form menu and received the following dialog:

Code Generation Failed
Unable to launch C:/Python30/Lib/site-packages/PyQt4/.\uic.

I must not have installed Qt or SIP correctly but not sure what to do next.

Thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks.

Bob