[PyQt] TreeView and its itemDelegate

Ben De Luca bdeluca at gmail.com
Fri May 29 11:27:15 BST 2009

Hi List,

I am implimenting a treeview and I wanted the editor that I use to
change tree names to show the name, rather than being blank.  When I
look at the tree view it is using a QtGui.QStyledItemDelegate so I
subclass that with a completely empty function and then set it as my
trees item delegate. When I do this though I notice that none of the
items show up in the view any longer.

My questions are,
                  Are the delegates used for displaying data normally
or only when they are about to be edited?

       if they are shown in the 'normal' view how do you specify when
one is an edit or not.
                  What does a tree view really use as its delegate?

-bd