[PyQt] Next Releases

Gerard Vermeulen gav451 at gmail.com
Tue May 26 20:45:48 BST 2009

On Tue, 26 May 2009 09:21:38 +0100
Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.com> wrote:

> I plan to release new versions of SIP, PyQt3, PyQt4 and QScintilla at
> the end of the week based on the current snapshots.
>
> If there is something you think is missing or broken then now would
> be a good time to remind me.
>
> Phil

Hi,

At least one of the PyQwt examples fails with the latest snapshots (25
mai) but works perfectly well with sip-4.7.9 and PyQt4-4.4.4.

I think the bug is due to the fact that (some?) virtual copy of
abstract base classes are not working.

Attached is the example SpectrogramDemo.py where SpectrogramData is
derived from a class defined in qwt_raster_data.sip.

Running ./SpectrogramDemo.py (PyQwt built against the snapshots) gives a
segmentation error just before the print statements preceding by the
'# FIXME'
comment.

Also included are typescript.fails (sip trace output with PyQwt compiled
against the latest snapshots) and typescript.works (sip trace output
with PyQwt compiled against the latest releases).

Gerard

PS: I know I should have tried to reduce the bug report to a much
smaller example, but I am very busy.