[PyQt] Next Releases

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Tue May 26 18:02:21 BST 2009

On Dienstag, 26. Mai 2009, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Tue, 26 May 2009 18:39:20 +0200, Detlev Offenbach
>
> <detlev at die-offenbachs.de> wrote:
> > On Dienstag, 26. Mai 2009, Phil Thompson wrote:
> >> I plan to release new versions of SIP, PyQt3, PyQt4 and QScintilla at
>
> the
>
> >> end of the week based on the current snapshots.
> >>
> >> If there is something you think is missing or broken then now would be a
> >> good time to remind me.
> >>
> >> Phil
> >
> > Is there a way to test, if Qt and/or PyQt were built with SSL support.
> > Overe
> > here I get strange errors on a Win system. My QSsl... imports work fine
> > (i.e.
> > no ImportError is raised). However, executing this code
> >
> > 	from PyQt4.QtNetwork import QSslConfiguration.
> >         sslCfg = QSslConfiguration.defaultConfiguration()
> >         caList = sslCfg.caCertificates()
> > 	print len(caList)
> >
> > prints '0' to the console, while it prints '81' on my Linux box. This
>
> makes
>
> > me
> > assume, that Qt on win is not compiled with SSL support by default (I
>
> used
>
> > the standard win installer for Qt 4.5.1 from Nokia).
> >
> > If there is no programmatic way to do this, would it be possible to add a
> >
> > method to QSslConfiguration (e.g. isAvailable()) that tells, if SSL
>
> support
>
> > is available. I think this could be done with some handwritten code using
> >
> > something like this.
> >
> > QSslConfiguration::isAvailable() {
> > #ifndef QT_NO_OPENSSL
> >   return true;
> > #else
> >   return false;
> > #endif
>
> The imports would fail if there was no SSL support. It just looks like the
> certificate database is empty.
>
> Phil

I thought so as well. However, trying to connect to a site via https results
in a bunch of error messages from Qt printed in the console.

QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSLv3_client_method
QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSL_CTX_new
QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSL_library_init
QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function ERR_get_error
QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function ERR_error_string
[...]

and the result is an error page being displayed in QWebView telling me, that
the URL could not be loaded (Reason: HTTP request failed).

All this made me believe, that SSL support is not there.

Regards,
Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach