[PyQt] PyQt 4.5 snapshot build (windows and mac)

Michael Held michael.held at bc.biol.ethz.ch
Sat May 16 17:38:23 BST 2009

hi PyQt people,

first thanks a lot for your huge efforts!
I am newbie here, sorry for stupid questions.

I was able to build PyQt 4.5 snapshots on windows and mac but not
without issues

on mac:
I used PyQt-mac-gpl-4.5-snapshot-20090507.tar.gz together with stackless
python 2.6.1 which succeeded after a SIP patched
(sip-4.8-snapshot-20090430.tar.gz)

on windows:
also using PyQt 4.5 snapshot (PyQt-win-gpl-4.5-snapshot-20090507.zip)

I was not aware that PyQt goes with mingw32 (what about VC9?). using
mingw which came with Qt4.5 I could build SIP and PyQt (still compiling)
successfully. this article was really helpful:
http://diotavelli.net/PyQtWiki/BuildPyQt4Windows

sorry PyQt guys, but your build comments where not very helpful, since
there is no 'make' on windows but nmake, qmake, mingw32-make

installing Python to 'C:\Program Files' did not work because
configure.py seems to mess up the include path (Python.h not fond)

cheers
michael