[PyQt] Re: faster alternative to QHeaderView's resizeToContents?

Erik Janssens Erik.Janssens at conceptive.be
Sat May 9 10:10:23 BST 2009

I've had similar issues.  One possibility I tried was first only loading
20 rows in the table, then do the resizeToContents and only then loading
the full data.  That way, the columns are layout to fit those 20 rows.

It works well overall, but I later have just set all the
column widths according to the allowed length of the sql fields, and
overruled it for some specific columns.  I find the result much better.
Since for large tables, it's almost impossible to get things look good
for all rows.

On Sat, 2009-05-09 at 09:54 +0100, pyqt-request at riverbankcomputing.com