[PyQt] PyQt Licensing

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Wed May 6 14:50:47 BST 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 7:47 PM, Phil Thompson
<phil at riverbankcomputing.com> wrote:

> re-licensing of GPL code. In other words if you have a successful GPL
> application and want to sell a commercial version then you can do - so long
> as you buy commercial PyQt licenses before you start selling. To do this
> you have to use the LGPL version of Qt as I think the commercial Qt license
> still imposes the restriction.

So what does this mean, in brief? Suppose that I have an app that has
been developed by 3 developers in-house without buying the license
(i.e. it has been effectively GPL, though not shipped), and it's
decided that this application will be sold / shipped with non-open
source license. Do I need to buy one commercial PyQt license, or 3?
Does that license give you the right to ship as many instances of the
program as you want?

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio