[PyQt] failed to install comercial PyQt

"V. Armando Solé" sole at esrf.fr
Wed May 6 11:00:41 BST 2009

Magnus Benjes wrote:
> Thank you for the hint. With Python 2.6 I can compile
> PyQt-win-commercial-4.4.4 with VS2008.
> But still I don't understand it.
> What do you mean with "Python 2.5 expects VS2003" and "Python 2.6
> expects VS2008"?
> How could there be a dependency between Python and VS?

The prebuilt windows binaries of python 2.5 and of python 2.6 where made
with VS2003 and VS2008 respectively. Unless you instruct distutils or
whatever used to build compiled modules to use a different compiler, the
default compiler used to build python is assumed.

Since you were already using VS2008, the simplest way to go is to use
python2.6 because you do not need to specify anything.

Armando