[PyQt] failed to install comercial PyQt

Magnus Benjes magnus.benjes at googlemail.com
Tue May 5 05:15:06 BST 2009

Hello,
I fail to install the comercial version of PyQt.
That's my configuration:
    - Windows XP, Windows Vista
    - Python 2.5.4
    - Visual Studio 2008
    - qt-win-commercial-4.4.3-vs2008
    - sip-4.7.9
    - PyQt-win-commercial-4.4.4

I did the following steps (Python, Visual Studio 2008 and Qt are allready installed):
    1. sip-4.7.9> python configure.py
    2. sip-4.7.9> nmake
    3. sip-4.7.9> nmake install
    4. copy the file pyqt-commercial.sip to the directory PyQt-win-commercial-4.4.4\sip
    5. PyQt-win-commercial-4.4.4> python configure.py
Then I got an error, that sip.exe could not be startet because of the missing dll
MSVCR90.dll

If I add
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\redist\x86\Microsoft.VC90.CRT
to my PATH, because there I found the missing dll, I got the error for sip.exe:
"R6034 An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly."

Thanks for any help
Magnus