[PyQt] caching qgraphicssvgitem is buggy

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Sun Mar 29 15:22:45 BST 2009

I am using qt4.5 with python-qt4.4.4 (ubuntu jaunty)

In my application I have a qgraphicssvgitem.
When I change the element to be rendered with
setElementId(), this change does not do anything.
I still see the old element displayed.

Only after I invalidate the cache or resize the view
(which also resizes the graphicssvgitem) the correct
new element is shown.

If I disable caching, I have no problems either.

the two elements have the same size and the names
TILE_1 and TILE_2

Could this be a problem with pyqt, or rather with qt4.5?
The list of bugs to be fixed with 4.5.1 does not
mention this.

I checked the qt4.5 code:

void QGraphicsSvgItem::setElementId(const QString &id)
{
    Q_D(QGraphicsSvgItem);
    d->elemId = id;
    d->updateDefaultSize();