[PyQt] Symbol not found: _sipQtConnect on Mac OSX 10.5

Damien Elmes resolve at ichi2.net
Sat Mar 28 06:51:29 GMT 2009

The build was successful, and the few example programs I tested run
fine now. However, my app seems to be dying - it looks like some
internal data is getting clobbered somewhere. An line like:

import mymodule

results in a

TypeError: bad argument type for built-in operation

The problem seems to occur after importing about 3 modules which
import PyQt4.QtGui. Importing modules which don't use QtGui seems to
work fine.