[PyQt] Eric4 ver 4.3 crash on start

duncan duncan duncan73 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 21:43:00 GMT 2009

Hello

I am not sure the problem is a pyqt4 problem or a eric4 problem

On start, I get this error:

----
galactica:~> eric4
Warning: translation file 'qt_it_IT'could not be loaded.
Using default.
Warning: translation file 'eric4_it_IT'could not be loaded.
Using default.
Warning: translation file 'qscintilla_it_IT'could not be loaded.
Using default.
QVariant::load(QDataStream &s): type  unknown to QVariant.
Abort
galactica:~>
-----

I am using eric4 from the debian testing package (4.3.0-2) as well as the
pyqt4 package from the same distribution (4.4.2) and sip4 4.7.6.

The same problem will occur with the version in experimental (4.4.4)

Any hints ?

thanks
Gianluca