[PyQt] QSplashScreen with transparent background

David Douard david.douard at logilab.fr
Tue Mar 24 07:52:16 GMT 2009

Le Tuesday 24 March 2009 01:18:54 Saúl Ibarra, vous avez écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I'm sure this question has been answered many times, but I'm not able
> to achieve what I want :-/ I just want a splashscreen with a single
> png with transparent background.
>
> I'm using the following code:

pic = QtGui.QPixmap(":splash/images/splash.png")
splash = QSplashScreen(pic, Qt.WindowStaysOnTopHint)
splash.setMask(pic.mask())
splash.show()

should work fine (it does on Linux and win32, never tested on others).

--
David Douard                        LOGILAB, Paris (France), +33 1 45 32 03 12
Formations Python, Zope, Debian :   http://www.logilab.fr/formations