[PyQt] QTextEdit.ExtraSelection not working anymore

Henning Schröder henning.schroeder at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 03:00:29 GMT 2009

Hello Phil!

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 7:34 PM, Phil Thompson
<phil at riverbankcomputing.com> wrote:

> This will be fixed in tonight's SIP snapshot.

Thanks it works fine again, I just tested the current snapshot :)

But some other behaviour changed and I wonder if this is intentional.

The attached example with QTextBlockUserData works with stable PyQt
but not with the development snapshot. Keeping an extra reference to
the custom user data object fixes this but that was not needed until
now.

I remember that I once kept references to user data objects and got
segfaults when the related text block was destroyed. Maybe that works
now, I will try to test it tomorrow.

Greets
Henning