[PyQt] Re: seeking advice on why this script segfaults

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Thu Mar 12 18:57:53 GMT 2009

On Thursday 12 March 2009 17:31:40 Darren Dale wrote:
> If anybody has some example of a working QAbstractItemModel/QTreeView for
> dynamic data, would you please consider posting it (if its short) or
> sending it to me off list? I've been working on this problem for days now
> and I'm not getting anywhere.

I don't know what you mean with dynamic data, but I have trees that fill
themselves at runtime upon user interaction. And have children of different
kinds...

(I am sorry to link you to the trac, the source tarball of the new 0.5 version
isn't ready yet as 0.5 isn't ready yet.)

At https://svn.fzd.de/trac/epos/browser/trunk/epos/libcore you can find
qtreeitem.* which is the abstract tree base-class I use for the C++ tree,
qtreeitemmodel.* is the model to display tree of this type. (For the full
functionality of the qtreeitem you need the delegate from our libgui.)

And at https://svn.fzd.de/trac/epos/browser/trunk/sqeconv in the
abstractconvertermodel.py there is a proxymodel that has parameters. And these
are displayed by ConverterActionsModel in sqeconv itself.

Maybe that helps you,

Arnold