[PyQt] default to list?

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Thu Mar 12 07:38:05 GMT 2009

Hi,

On Thursday 12 March 2009 07:59:10 Damien Elmes wrote:
> Currently the list defaults to the original author when replying. What
> do you think about changing it to default to replying to the whole
> list instead?  As it stands, people have to go out of their way to
> make their replies and advice public.

You mean mangling the reply-to: -header?

There is always great discussions on all the mailinglists where this is
changed (either from or to mangling...)
The objective results of these discussions I know so far:
1) Mangling the reply-to: -header is not rfc conformant.
2) Getting good mail-client helps because it recognizes the mailinglist-
headers and automaticly replies to the list.
At least kmail here does, I didn't have to fuzz with the receivers address to
answer in public...

But whether or not this is changed, some people will always complain and some
people will always answer to private when they should have answered in public.

Have fun,

Arnold