[PyQt] PyQt & SIP Release Plans

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Tue Mar 10 08:39:39 GMT 2009

The current PyQt and SIP snapshots represent what will be in the next
releases. As well as full support for Qt v4.5 the following Roadmap items
have been implemented...

- Pythonic Connections

- Implicit copying of const&

- Extra Reference without Ownership

There has been a significant amount of internal refactoring (mainly to
support the future elimination of QString, QVariant etc). Although the new
code passes a couple of hundred unit tests I would strongly encourage
people to test it for themselves. I will not make a final release for at
least a couple of weeks.

In the meantime I will start porting to Python v3. Whether or not this
makes it to the next release depends on how it goes.