[PyQt] Re: Qt 4.5 and PyQt 4.5 for Ubuntu Hardy

Joshua Kugler joshua at joshuakugler.com
Fri Mar 6 19:35:01 GMT 2009

Matt Smith wrote:
> Have you tried to build them, I am using hardy, I downloaded sip 4.8 and
> pyqt 4.5 snapshots, it built find without any errors.  I'm not sure what
> dependencies I have previously installed but it is quite trouble free
> process.  If you are doing it for the first time you might want to use
> the 4.4 stable build first to make sure everything is setup ok.

I may very well try this. I'm going to try to mess with the Qt4.5 debs to
see what I can accomplish.  From what I can tell, I should be able to do
it.  I'll have to go dependency chasing and/or modify some of the requires
as it seems package maintainers have an annoying tendency to require or
buildrequire the latest and greatest, even if the package doesn't
necessarily need it.

If I find the time to do it, I'll certainly post about it.  I'll probably
put it in a PPA on launchpad too!