[PyQt] Splash screen and WindowStaysOnTopHint flag

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Wed Mar 4 17:13:39 GMT 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 16:56 +0100, NARCISO, Rui wrote:
> I was under the impression we always needed to do:
> from PyQt4.QtGui import *
> from PyQt4.QtCore import *
>
> If QtGui imports already QtCore is it not redundant ? If so, what would be the "right" way to do it ?

One thing is importing the module within the Python interpreter; another
thing is bringing its name visible to the current module.

You still need to explicitly import QtCore's names if you use any of
them within your source code, but it won't change a thing in loading
time (which was the original question) because the module is already
imported.
--
Giovanni Bajo
Develer S.r.l.