[PyQt] Re: Deploying PyQt4 on Linux

Jeremy Sanders jeremy at jeremysanders.net
Sat Jun 27 19:43:40 BST 2009

ion vasilief wrote:

> I'm trying to deploy an application ("my_app")
> that uses Qt, Python, PyQt4 and SIP on Linux in a distribution
> independent way (meaning that even if there are other default versions
> of these libraries installed on the system, my_app will load at run
> time the symbols from the libraries I have built it against).
> My idea was to deploy all the necesarry dependencies in the
> /usr/local/my_app/lib folder.

http://diotavelli.net/PyQtWiki/Modular_PyQt_deployment_with_PyInstaller has
some useful instruction on building a static Qt. You can easily use
pyinstaller to ship this. I do the whole thing on a Centos 3 virtual image
so that it will run on the oldest glibcs.

Jeremy

--
http://www.jeremysanders.net/