[PyQt] Re: Deploying PyQt4 on Linux

Chris Hills chaz at chaz6.com
Sat Jun 27 00:37:11 BST 2009

On 25/06/09 11:30, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> No need for that, especially QTDIR is completely unknown to Qt4. That
> variable simply doesn't exist anymore. You can adjust LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
> poin to the Qt library, however you can also manage to do it without. Use
> the RPATH and RUNPATH stuff when linking PyQt to your Qt, you'll have to
> adjust the PyQt buildsystem for that I think and you probably want to make
> sure that you use relative paths so your app can be installed anywhere on
> the target system.

For what it is worth, I have the following in
$QTDIR/mkspecs/common/g++.conf:-

QMAKE_RPATH             = -Wl,-enable-new-dtags
-Wl,-rpath,\\\$$$$ORIGIN:\\\$$$$ORIGIN/../lib:/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.5.2/lib
-Wl,-rpath,

Whilst this works fine when building regular Qt apps, it gets mangled
when building PyQt4 so it does not work as intended, no doubt due to the
horrible escaping required.