[PyQt] Probleme with the metho description of QSciScintlla

projetmbc projetmbc at club-internet.fr
Mon Jun 15 21:33:50 BST 2009

> I've tired to implement that :
> =====================
>    def description(self, style):
>        print '(style)'
>        print (style)
>        return ''
> =====================
>
> Then numbers from 0 to 30 has been catched by the method. What is the
> meaning of this numbers ? Sorry for beeing such a newbie.
Indeed, I've understood that this number are the default lexers. The
following seems to work :
===================
    def description    (self, style):
        if style == 7:
            return 'myLexer'
        return ''

Is-it what I'm supposed to do or not ? The problem is that I've no
concrete example so as to start. Is there for example the C++ code of
one of the default lexer ? Then the migration to Python must be easier.
I hope.

Christophe.