[PyQt] PyQt application appears always in the background

Brian Kelley kelley at eyesopen.com
Fri Jun 12 15:30:49 BST 2009

I might be wrong here, but I expect the problem is that you are not making an application bundle.  Is this the case?  I.e. Are you running

python foo.py

To launch the demo.  Basically, on OSX, qt appications either need to have "Rez" run on them or be placed in an application bundle.  The bundle can simply run a script that launches your code.

Otherwise you can make an application bundle that contains everything, turning it into a bundle is probably what you want to do, see the py2app discussion for example.  I have seen cases where you can't even get keyboard input with running "Rez" (which you really can't in this case) or making an application bundle.

Brian