[PyQt] Bug report: Installer PyQt-Py2.5-gpl-4.4.3-1 for windows (second attempt)

Mark Khait mark.l.khait at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 11:54:10 BST 2009

When Python is installed in “User only” mode (not for all users), PyQt
installer can`t locate Python`s install path.
I think installer doesn`t check registry root HKEY_CURRENT_USER
alongwith HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
Registry path is the same in both
cases(‘SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\2.5\InstallPath’).

Also, when launched under user (not Administrator) account, installer
doesn`t save info about PyQt4 in registry (in HKEY_CURRENT_USER root,
SOFTWARE\PyQt4). It saves info only in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE root, only
when launched under Administrator account.

Thanks, Mark.

P.S. Please answer you can read my message normally - last time i send
message from another e-mail and it was attached as a link in
mail-list, not very goot to read...