[PyQt] QSettings.registerFormat unavailable in PyQt4?

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Sat Jun 6 00:19:39 BST 2009

On Fri Jun 5 19:25:01 BST 2009, Giovanni Bajo wrote:

> On 6/4/2009 10:18 PM, Phil Thompson wrote:

> > It can't be wrapped because of the nature of the function pointer
> > arguments - bad API design.
>
> Is it the same with Jambi?

I think so - look here:

http://doc.trolltech.com/qtjambi-4.5.0_01/com/trolltech/qt/core/QSettings.html

Incidentally, one of my colleagues recently had to document the use of
QSettings::registerFormat(). Although QSettings was made extensible in
Qt 4.1, it doesn't seem to be a feature that many people try to use,
perhaps because some things in the documentation were previously unclear.

I've been going through the API to see what needs to be changed to make PyQt
build against custom builds of Qt. I'm sure there are plenty of features that
people never use...

David