[PyQt] Static Qt/PyQt on Mac OS X

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Thu Jun 4 00:23:27 BST 2009

On Wed, 03 Jun 2009 20:37:56 +0100, Jeremy Sanders
<jeremy at jeremysanders.net> wrote:
> Are statically linked PyQt and Qt libraries supported on Mac OS X? If so,
> is
> there a guide to building them?
>
> I'm finding it a bit of a pain to get my application packaged with py2app
> as
> it leaves out the plugins and I have to copy them in by hand and mess
> around
> with linking paths.
>
> It would be nice if someone with some Mac OS X experience could have a
look

> at putting a working PyQt recipe into py2app to solve these problems.

Hi Jeremy,

PyInstaller handles PyQt's plugins automatically for you. If you get
PyInstaller SVN trunk, you should get working Mac OSX support; the only
issue is that it does not create a bundle yet (but a patch for this will be
merged later this week).
--
Giovanni Bajo
Develer S.r.l.