[PyQt] PyQt without X11

arnau tokland at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 17:39:11 BST 2009

Darryl Wallace wrote:

> While I realize the application example you're showing here uses webkit,

Yes, I am developing a programmatic browser using QtWebKit (amazing framework,
BTW).

> you should be able to use QtCore.QCoreApplication.
> This will allow you to run PyQt console type applications.

I've tried with QCoreApplication, but I still get a segmentation fault (in
Debian Sid and up-to-date ArchLinux, with X11 server and without):

 >>> from PyQt4.QtCore import QCoreApplication
 >>> from PyQt4.QtWebKit import QWebPage
 >>> QCoreApplication([])
<PyQt4.QtCore.QCoreApplication object at 0x7f17a7df4490>
 >>> webpage = QWebPage()
Segmentation fault

Does this code work for you?