[PyQt] Menu Item Opening Web Page?

Brent Villalobos Brent.Villalobos at pdi.dreamworks.com
Wed Jul 29 18:26:28 BST 2009

Is there a way to create a QAction object (aka, what is created when you
add an item to a menu bar in Designer) that links to a web page?  For
example, I want to create a "User Documentation" menu option that will
just open up a specific web page using the default browser.  Qt must
have some sort of smarts for this because if I create a hyperlink in a
text field it will do just that.  I'm just trying to figure out how to
do that with menu options.  Any thoughts?
-Brent