[PyQt] SIP 4.8: regression in div/truediv

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Fri Jul 24 19:43:10 BST 2009

Hello,

I'm wrapping with SIP a global C++ operator/() overload, whose first
argument is a SIP-wrapped class (within the same module).

With SIP 4.7, this function is called when I use "/" in Python, both
with standard division behaviour and within modules using "from
__future__ import division".

With SIP 4.8, this function is called only within modules with standard
division behaviour. If a module uses the future directive, using "/" in
Python raises an exception saying that there is no valid operand types.

I believe that the problem is that the truediv_slot of the object is not
being filled. Is this a wanted change in behaviour? And if so, how am I
supposed to fix it?
--
Giovanni Bajo
Develer S.r.l.