[Eric] [PyQt] SOLVED Failure to install Eric ...

Serge Montagnac obs.psr at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jul 21 14:37:00 BST 2009

James Oakley wrote:
> On Saturday 18 July 2009 13:15:01 you wrote:
>
>> James Oakley wrote:

>>> Your sip and python-qt4 packages are mismatched. You won't be able to use
>>> any program written against python-qt4.
>>>
>>> Are you using experimental repositories on your distribution? If so, go
>>> back to the packages in the main repository. If not, file a bug with
>>> whoever provided your distribution.
>>>
>> Thanks James but the problem is that python-qt4-scintilla from
>> RiverBanks does'nt
>> compile any more with gcc/g++ 4.4.0 ...
>>

> SUSE has it working in Factory (the latest development version):
>
> maus:~ # rpm -q python-qt4 python-sip python-qscintilla gcc
> python-qt4-4.5.1-2.3
> python-sip-4.8.1-3.2
> python-qscintilla-2.4-1.3
> gcc-4.4-3.1
>
> For a little while it wasn't working (I received a bug report for a python-qt4
> app I wrote), but Novell has since fixed it.

Thanks a lot James,
I just had to "rpm -e python-qt4 --nodeps" for removing ONLY the faulty
qscintilla from my
Mandriva-2010.0 Cooker, and "rpm -i" the Suse Factory present one.

For maintainers who will check the diffs ;-)  ...
======================================

eric4-4.3.5(r3237)

gcc    4.4.0
kde    4.2.96