[PyQt] Segmentation fault

tocapa tocapa at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 20:13:43 BST 2009

I have just installed the development snapshot of PyQt4 along with the most
recent versions of Qt and SIP. I do not have much experience with any of
this so I have just run the most basic program possible; it just creates a
QApplication and runs exec_(). Every time it gives me a segmentation fault
with no more information. I had made a mistake earlier by importing from
QtCore instead of QtGui, and the error I got was this:

RuntimeError: the sip module implements API v5.0 but the PyQt4.QtCore module
requires API v3.8

I'm not sure exactly what this means and I have no idea how to fix it. Help?