[PyQt] incompatible licenses

Frank Lindseth Frank.Lindseth at sintef.no
Thu Jul 2 12:50:20 BST 2009

Hi,

On the Riverbank web-site the following documentation can be found:
Compatibility with Qt Licenses
The GPL version of PyQt can be used with both the LGPL and GPL
versions of Qt.

I have installed the LGPL version of Qt SDK (v. 4.5.2) for Mac OS X.
When I run configure in the PyQt directory I get:
frankl ~/fl/dev/release/PyQt451 $  python configure.py
Determining the layout of your Qt installation...
This is the GPL version of PyQt 4.5.1 (licensed under the GNU General
Public
License) for Python 2.5.1 on darwin.
Error: This version of PyQt and the Desktop edition of Qt have
incompatible
licenses.

Do PyQt require qt-mac-opensource-src-4.5.2.tar (source code version)
or is the error message accurate?

Thanks.

- Frank