[PyQt] Is it possible to combine PyQt and standard Qt Applications?

Constantin Bergatt cb027 at uni-rostock.de
Thu Jul 2 07:09:41 BST 2009

I want to write a graphical user interface to monitor and visualize
different streams of data.
For that reason I would like to have a main window and for each data
stream a single plugin
which can be loaded as a subwindow into the main window.

As for the implementation I would like to be able to use PyQt (for
fast prototyping) as well as
standard C++ Qt (for speed). Is it possible to write such a graphical
user interface?
How can I combine the PyQt and the Qt Applications?

I would be thankful for any suggestions.

Kind Regards,
Constantin Bergatt