[PyQt] Debugging an ICE error

Jake Richards blaven at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 23:11:37 GMT 2009

Hello:
  In one of my scripts, I am receiving this error as soon as my .show() is
called:

ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 10616, errno = 32

Unfortunately, no line numbers or python/pyqt error is mentioned so I don't
really know where to begin looking for the problem.  I've googled that error
message but couldn't really get a solid answer about it either.  So, does
anyone have any suggestions on where I could start debugging this error?
I'd post my source but it's several thousand lines of code that probably
wouldn't work anywhere but here (I call databases and read files all over
our filesystem before calling the mainwindow.show())  I apologize for the
ambiguity of this post but appreciate any help you can give me.  This is
under AMD Linux 64bit, using python 2.5 and  PyQt4.3.1  Qt 4.3.2 Thanks!