[PyQt] Threads with PyQt. Qt's or Python's?

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Mon Jan 19 17:14:45 GMT 2009

On 1/19/2009 5:03 PM, Christoph Burgmer wrote:

> Giovanni's response strikes me as it would be a serious annoyance if I
> had to change my threading model only to port my application to Windows
> and Mac. I don't even get any QPainter or other thread related warnings
> in my app, something which KDE throws out on a per minute basis.

You don't get any warning because nobody suggested Trolltech to add
warning to detect the usage of an external threading library with Qt.
With C++, you can see that it makes absolutely no sense to bring an
external threading library instead of using Qt, so it's not a common error.
--
Giovanni Bajo
Develer S.r.l.