[PyQt] Re: PyQtShell

Frédéric frederic.mantegazza at gbiloba.org
Sun Jan 18 17:47:15 GMT 2009

On dimanche 18 janvier 2009, Ken Dere wrote:

> Pierre Raybaut wrote:
> >
> > I would like to share with you this little open-source project of
> > mine, PyQtShell:
> > http://pypi.python.org/pypi/PyQtShell/
> > http://code.google.com/p/pyqtshell/
> > [...]
>
> Looks interesting.  Can you run ipython inside?

It makes me think that some years ago, for my work, we ask Logilab (a
french python developpement company) to port konsole (console for KDE)
from C++ to python. The konsole author provided us a qt-only-based version
of konsole, written in C++, so it was easy to port to PyQt. But it was for
PyQt3. The project is here:

    http://www.logilab.org/project/pyqonsole

This is a complete x-terminal emulator. We use it mainly to run ipython,
which we use as a powerfull input console for a command-line oriented
application which controls big instruments (neutron spectrometers).

We don't have enough money to ask Logilab to port it to PyQt4, but as it is
a free project (released under CeCILL, a french free license based on GNU
with french laws specifications, but still compatible with GNU), feel free
to use it ;o)

On the other hand, as we only run ipython inside, for our application,
something like PyQtShell should be enough. So I'll give it a try :o)

--
    Frédéric

    http://www.gbiloba.org