[PyQt] An "UI update" event/signal to update the GUI on

eliben eliben at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 17:44:56 GMT 2009

David Boddie wrote:

> Can you give more information about your user interface? It would make it
> easier to recommend the best approach for you to take.

Thanks for the explanation, I'll think about it.

Regarding my application. It's just a bunch of buttons, combo boxes and
checkboxes that all disable and enable each other, with several possible
configurations. The easiest approach in wxPython is to define "states" that
are set by combinations of widgets. Now, in the wx.EVT_UI_UPDATE event
handler of the window I just enable and disable widgets according to this
state.

Dividing it into separate signals and slots per each widgets is kind-of
kludgy in comparison, don't you think?

Eli