[PyQt] Log viewer

Frédéric frederic.mantegazza at gbiloba.org
Fri Jan 16 17:16:14 GMT 2009

On vendredi 16 janvier 2009, Mark Summerfield wrote:

> If you have 100K + log lines then a list model + QListView (+ custom
> delegate if you want fine control over rendering); but anything less and
> QPlainTextEdit + a simple data class should be fine. (I'm guessing about
> the 100K of course but you get the point.)

I like this QListView idea :o) This will allow a better control on the
display, like dynamically hide/show specific levels or so.

I read your paper about the MVC improvement over Qt default delegate
implementation; do you explain it in your python/Qt book (I'm about to
receive it), with python examples? I enjoy very much such patterns, and I
will certainly comme back to you (through the list) for more advices (I'm
looking for a generic plugins framework)...

Thank you again for you help.

--
    Frédéric

    http://www.gbiloba.org