[PyQt] Re: Problem with apps build with Py2exe

stan modifiedbessel at free.fr
Sat Jan 10 13:10:45 GMT 2009

Hmm, true, but if you take a look the newest changelog (since 1.3) at
http://pyinstaller.python-hosting.com/file/trunk/doc/CHANGES.txt?rev=596

there are clear indications 2.5 support is  actively (being?)
implemented.... e.g.,

+ Add support for new absolute imports in Python 2.5 (thanks to Arve
   Knudsen).
 + Add import hooks for PyQt4 (thanks to Pascal Veret)
 + Add import hooks for pyodbc (thanks to Don Dwiggins)
 + Add import hooks for cElementTree (both native version and Python
   2.5 version)
 + Add import hooks per SQLAlchemy (thanks to Greg Copeland)
 + Add import hooks for email in Python 2.5 (though it does not support
   the old-style Python 2.4 syntax with Python 2.5).
 + Add import hook for gadfly.
 + Improve import hooks for PyGTK (thanks to Marco Bonifazi and foxx).
 + Add fix for the very annoying "MSVCRT71 could not be extracted" bug,
   which was caused by the DLL being packaged twice (thanks to Idris
   Aykun).

In any case, I will give it a try soon........
Stan